Mold is everywhere and we live with many different types of mold every day, some are the essential elements of life. The challenge is to know the difference between the mold we need and the mold that can be harmful to you or to the structural integrity of your home or business. That is why it is important to hire an IICRC certified professional to inspect your home to make this determination.
Mold becomes a problem inside a home or business when there’s excessive humidity or moisture for an extended period of time. The problem can start with a water damage, such as a burst pipe or large spill that goes untreated, or from an ongoing problem, such as a leaking roof or plumbing. Even high humidity or warm, moist air condensing on cool surfaces can trigger mold problems. It’s always best to have the mold evaluated and removed by a certified professional.
Mold can grow almost anywhere in a home or business if conditions permit. If there is visible growth on painted wall surfaces, you should be very concerned about what may be growing on the wall’s opposite side. If the wall remains wet for a prolonged period, it’s almost guaranteed that the mold growth on the back side will be worse than on the front. At that point, containing the work space and removing moldy materials, followed by cleaning of salvageable framing, are the best options.
Champion’s IICRC certified professionals have the training and experience to:
Mold Mitigation Services Offered By Champion:
THE CLEANTRUST/IICRC’S 5 Principles of Mold Remediation
WHY USE A CLEANTRUST/IICRC CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL?
Professional restoration technicians understand the need for quick response. Immediate remediation is key to controlling any escalating costs. The longer the remediation is delayed, the higher the cost of restoration. Certified restorers have the knowledge to test materials and apply the restoration techniques required to return the items to their pre-loss condition. Look for the cleantrust logo to verify IICRC certification.