Residential carpets are treated with stain resist properties and soil resistors. The soil resistor part is known as DuPont Teflon or 3M Scotchgard.
After a period of 1 to 2 years, depending on amount of traffic, much of the soil- resistor wears off. At that point you should consider having a professional carpet cleaner re-apply the treatment after professional cleaning.
5 Ways Protector Lengthens the Life of Your Carpet & Upholstery
- Reduces permanent stains. Unprotected carpet and fabrics don’t repel spills as well as protected carpet and fabrics. If you can remove spills more effectively, you can avoid permanent stains.
- Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically.
- Makes spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed with just water.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet and fabrics will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpet or upholstery is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly service calls. Protector helps you to remove more spots than you could without protector – you may be able to save yourself a minimum charge.
Don’t take chances with the investment you have in carpet and furniture. Ask your technician to apply protector today.